We bring our husbands, Brian and Darren, back on the podcast to share what we’ve learned about navigating and nurturing relationships during the pandemic.
It’s been a wild ride during pandemic times, with many opportunities (welcome or not!) for us to practice the strategies we talk about on this podcast. Managing relationships in a new way — with coworkers or friends, your family of origin or chosen family — has been important but often challenging, especially when quarantining together at length.
Our husbands, Brian and Darren, are back for their third guest appearance on the podcast (check out earlier appearances in Episode 8 and Episode 21) to talk with us about the biggest challenges, lessons learned, and silver linings during the nearly two years of the pandemic. We discuss the resources and outlets that have kept us (relatively) sane, and what we’d like to carry into the new normal, whenever it emerges.
Get In Touch
What have you learned about your relationships during this time? Which resources or strategies have helped you the most? Email us at podcast[at]semitogether.com or send us a voice memo.
Subscribe to the Semi-Together newsletter and check out past issues. You can also support the podcast through Patreon at patreon.com/semitogether.
If you’re a self-critic or perfectionist, including ADHDers, and would like to improve your relationships with others and yourself through coaching, you can schedule a free Discovery Call with Melia at risingspiralcoaching.com.
- Previous episodes with Brian and Darren: Ep. 8: The Dudes, Ep. 21: Personality Types in Relationships & Life
- Drs. John & Julie Gottman, relationship researchers & therapists: The Gottman Institute, 8 Dates: Essential Conversations for a Lifetime of Love, The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work
- Brene Brown’s Unlocking Us eps: FFTs, comparative suffering, Esther Perel
- Glennon Doyle on “TV time” during the pandemic
- Elizabeth Gilbert on Facing Fear with Compassion
- Corpen, Brian’s craft gin distillery in Barcelona