We discuss why having a vision helps set an intentional course for the new year and beyond, and share ways that you can create your vision in a relaxed and enjoyable way.
Happy New Year! We recorded this episode on the last day of 2021 (together in person, yay!!).
Our topic is Start the New Year with a Vision – which is especially timely as we’re ringing in 2022, but you can do this any time you want to reflect on and reset your goals and intentions. Why create a vision for the next year, three years, or ten years? It helps you get clear on what your best self and best life look like – which will be different for everyone – and start taking steps toward those goals.
In this episode, we:
- Share a 2021 Get It Together / Got It Together roundup, featuring three things that we’d like to work on and three things that went well for us
- Discuss why having a vision helps set an intentional course for the new year and beyond
- Share guiding questions to think about + ideas for creating your vision in a relaxed and enjoyable way
- Talk about why we love making vision collages to start the new year
- Share which goals and intentions made it to our own vision collages
Here are the guiding questions you can use to create your own vision / vision collage:
- What brings you joy or fulfillment that you want more of in your life?
- Which parts of your life are most important to you? How do you want to design your life to prioritize them?
- How do you want to feel in the coming year? Which images or words represent that and help you feel those emotions when you look at them?
- What goals or intentions are you focused on?
- Where do you want to be in a year’s time?
- Which images or words are you drawn to? (You don’t necessarily need to know why yet)
Get In Touch
What’s your vision for 2022? Email us at podcast[at]semitogether.com or send us a voice memo.
If you’re a self-critic or perfectionists, including ADHDers, and would like to explore coaching with Melia to help make your 2022 vision real, you can schedule a free Discovery Call at risingspiralcoaching.com.
- Ep. 5: Prioritizing What Matters, Part I
- Ep. 6: Prioritizing What Matters, Part II
- Who The F*ck Am I To Be A Coach?!: A Warrior’s Guide to Building a Wildly Successful Coaching Business From the Inside Out by Megan Jo Wilson
- Effortless: Make It Easier to Do What Matters Most by Greg McKeown
- Upstream: The Quest to Solve Problems Before They Happen by Dan Heath
- Jack Canfield: 21 Ways to Make Your Vision Board More Powerful
- Jesse J. Anderson, ADHD Creative: @jessejanderson on Twitter