We continue the discussion on mental health we started in the last episode. There’s some more swearing and talk about depression and suicide. We want to normalize talking about mental health illness and how to cope, without stigma and shame and with a sense of humor.
We have archived our e-newsletters on our website at semitogether.com/e-news. A lot of the content is evergreen and includes short personal narratives, tips and takeaways from recent episodes, funny things we text each other, and stuff we’re loving right now – on the web, podcasts and shows, and food and drink. Sign up for these periodic newsletters at subscribepage.com/semitogether.
We’re taking a season break to work on some other Semi-Together-related projects, but we’re closing this season with a minisode to follow up on Episode 54: Let’s Talk About Mental Health. We discuss listener feedback, additional thoughts on mental health, and a few close calls that have acted as wake-up calls in our lives.
Get In Touch
We’d love to hear any thoughts our discussions about mental health brought up for you. Email us at podcast[at]semitogether.com or send us a voice memo.
If you haven’t already, take a moment to subscribe to Semi-Together or leave us a rating or review. You can also support the podcast through Patreon at patreon.com/semitogether.
- CliftonStrengths Test
- Default Mode Network vs. Task Mode Network (ADDitude Magazine)
- Undiagnosed ADHD among the adult prison population (CHADD)
- 7 Myths vs. Facts about ADHD (ADHD Awareness Month)
- Brené Brown on empathy vs sympathy (RSA Short)
- The Untethered Soul, by Michael Singer
- The Way to Love, by Anthony de Mello
- Awareness, by Anthony de Mello
- Depresh Mode with John Moe
- The Hilarious World of Depression
- Mindset, by Carol Dweck
- Carol Dweck: A Summary of Growth & Fixed Mindsets
- Episode 16: Breaking Through Limiting Beliefs (including Growth Mindset vs. Fixed Mindset)
- Number for 24/7 suicide prevention lifeline: 1-800-273-8255